COVID Update – February 2021
Shalom Ramah New England!
Planning for camp at both our camps continues at a rapid clip. We have hired the vast majority of our staff members for the overnight camp and are on a good pace for the day camp. We are excited to have met and hired our mishlachat (Israeli staff) for both camps. We are optimistic that they will be able to receive visas and work at camp this summer.
We continue to wait for regulations and protocols from Massachusetts and Maryland. By early April, we will have reached the point in our planning where we will have a pretty firm idea about most of the rules that will be in place for operating our camps this summer. To share the broad strokes of our summer plans, we want to hold family town hall meetings after Passover on these topics:
SAVE THE DATES (we will send invitations and Zoom Links soon)! Can’t Attend? Don’t worry, we will record the meetings.
For the Day Camp – Sunday, April 11, 7:00 p.m.
- Pre-camp safety expectations
- Transportation to and from camp
- The Camp Program
- COVID Safety and Health Procedures and inclement weather plans at camp
For the Overnight Camp – Monday, April 12, 7:30 p.m.
- Pre-camp testing and safety expectations
- Travel to camp and opening days
- The program during the opening “podding” period of camp
- The program during the regular “cohorting” phase
- COVID Safety and Marp (Health Center) operations at camp
For overnight campers who will be in Machon and Nivonim, we are holding separate town hall meetings to talk about what camp will look like and the role you will play in leading camp and bringing back the Ramah traditions we love while also creating new ones.
- Machon (exiting 9th grade): Monday, March 22, 7:00 p.m.
- Nivonim (exiting 10th grade): Monday, March 22, 8:00 p.m.
We will send out invitations and Zoom links soon.
Wishing everyone a wonderful Purim.
Rabbi Ed Gelb
CEO, Ramah New England