Daily Backpack Checklist
It is important to label everything brought to camp so that misplaced items can be returned. When planning your child’s clothing needs, please take into consideration variations in temperature. During hot weather, it is important that your child wear a hat during outdoor activities. Rain is always a possibility, so please plan accordingly each morning.
At camp, clothing should be casual and comfortable. We will be playing outside, cooking, exploring our natural wooded environment, and doing art projects. Please do not send your child wearing his/her favorite clothes.
Closed toe shoes are required for active camp programs. Please send your child with sneakers and socks for our outside activities.
This list may change prior to the summer and may include specific items needed in accordance with Covid-related guidelines. Typically, though, campers should come to camp each day wearing and/or packed with:
- Comfortable clothing
- Bathing suit (campers should come wearing bathing suits on swim days)
- Towel (on swim days)
- Plastic bag for wet bathing suit
- Sandals or crocs (to wear around the pool)
- Sneakers and socks
- Extra change of clothing
- Bug spray
- Water bottle
- Kippah (All boys, and girls who choose to, will be required to wear a kippah during services and lunch)
- A Dairy or pareve lunch (NUT FREE!)
- Specialized program gear (e.g. a softball glove if your child has signed up for softball, goggles for the pool if your child prefers, personal flotation devices if needed, etc.)
Please be sure that all items are labeled with the camper’s first and last name! Initials may not be sufficient for us to return lost items around camp.