We intend to open camp this summer while understanding we will likely need to adjust our protocols and procedures to ensure the safest summer possible in 2021. We promise to continue our pattern of regular, open communication to our camper families regarding how the pandemic may impact camp. Our COVID Updates & FAQ’s page has the most up-to-date information on our plans for 2021.
In a typical summer, the camp day begins and ends at the bus stop. Our counselors have planned programs, games, songs, and cheers to make the bus ride an extension of Camp Ramah itself. Ramah Day Camp provides safe, efficient, and reliable transportation throughout most of the Greater Washington, DC area. Our bus drivers and bus counselors are committed to ensuring a safe, fun and pleasant ride for your campers.
Generally, our morning pick up times are between 8:00 and 8:30 a.m. Children arrive home in the afternoon between 4:30 and 5:00 p.m. We will communicate with you if there are significant changes in our timing due to weather or traffic conditions. We are committed to developing the most efficient transportation routes each summer to best serve our community.
In 2019, our bus stops included:
- Dupont Circle / West End (DC)
- Cleveland Park (DC)
- Tenleytown (DC)*
- Torchinsky Home (Takoma, DC)
- Berman Hebrew Academy (Rockville, MD)
- B’nai Israel Congregation (Rockville, MD)
- Congregation Beth El (Bethesda, MD)
- Congregation Har Shalom (Potomac, MD)
- Ohr Kodesh Congregation (Chevy Chase, MD)
- Lakelands Park across from Shaare Torah Congregation (Gaithersburg, MD)
- Spring Mill Field Office (Kemp Mill/Silver Spring, MD)
- Agudas Achim Congregation (Alexandria, VA)
- North Arlington (VA)
The location of our bus stops each summer are dependent on sufficient enrollment and staffing. Parents may also choose to drive directly to camp for 9:00 a.m. drop-off and 4:00 p.m. pickup.
* This stop was available on select weeks.