In a typical summer, the camp day begins and ends at the bus stop. Our counselors have planned programs, games, songs, and cheers to make the bus ride an extension of Camp Ramah itself. Ramah Day Camp provides safe, efficient, and reliable transportation throughout most of the Greater Washington, DC area. Our bus drivers and bus counselors are committed to ensuring a safe, fun and pleasant ride for your campers.
Generally, our morning pick up times are between 8:00 and 8:30 a.m. Children arrive home in the afternoon between 4:30 and 5:00 p.m. If there are significant changes in our timing due to weather or traffic conditions, families will be notified through our Ramah NE App. We are committed to developing the most efficient transportation routes each summer to best serve our community.
In 2023, our bus stops included:
- Dupont Circle – Edlavitch DCJCC (DC)
- Cleveland Park (DC)
- Petworth (DC)
- Tenleytown (DC)
- Torchinsky Home (Takoma, DC)
- B’nai Israel Congregation (Rockville, MD)
- Congregation Beth El (Bethesda, MD)
- Congregation Har Shalom (Potomac, MD)
- Ohr Kodesh Congregation (Chevy Chase, MD)
- Lakelands Park across from Shaare Torah Congregation (Gaithersburg, MD)
- Spring Mill Field Office (Kemp Mill/Silver Spring, MD)
- Agudas Achim Congregation (Alexandria, VA)
- North Arlington (VA)
The location of our bus stops each summer are dependent on sufficient enrollment and staffing. Some bus stops may be available on select weeks. Parents may also choose to drive directly to camp for 9:00 a.m. drop-off and/or 4:00 p.m. pick-up. Typically, bus routes for the upcoming summer are determined in the late winter and announced in late March. Families of enrolled campers are asked to complete an online camp form due in early May to signify how their child(ren) will be traveling to camp.
For specific questions about transportation for the summer of 2024, please contact Sharon.